ASSEMBLE YOUR ADVISORS
CORE FOUR ADVISORS
The core four advisors are critical to your journey
Let me start off with who you need first.
#1. Your Manager
- Someone close to you
- Someone that has experience
- Someone that believes in you
To take on the responsibility of managing your career.
Here’s how the money works:
- Usually it starts off at 20%
- Sometimes it scales down to 15%
#2. Your Lawyer
Their role is to make sure you business affairs are set legally.
- contracting any deals
- committed to protecting you
- collecting your money via the contracts that you make.
Music industry lawyers are willing to take 5% of the gross along the way if they believe in you.
Again 5% gross is what they take betting on YOU.
Check out Linked In or check within our Music Mastery community where we will have connections.
#3. YOUR Business Manager
- Who is also your accountant.
- Now a business manager understands the intricacies of music.
- Understands the complex deals as it relates to publishing
- Election of dollars that go through the business managers office
- They collect your money.
They will take 5% gross as well. Its about finding someone you are comfortable with
Some one who has had experience and that’s an expert in MUSIC.
#4. YOUR Booking Agent
You don’t need a booking agent yet unless you are starting to play clubs and a tour.
- Booking agent is an agent that only commissions your tour and live shows.
- Experts at routing out a tour.
- They have the relationships with the clubs and the venues across the markets you are playing in.
- They help you to start developing your fan base through tours. Critical is the live performance aspect of your career.
But again they take 10% of the touring gross only and do not commission the other areas.
These CORE FOUR ADVISORS are critical part of the plan. But they are layered out over time.
And if you are looking for your CORE FOUR ADVISORS you will have that access inside our Music Mastery community